Monday, June 16, 2008

Serenades - Groove Junction

Andrew once again to the rescue of his broken friend, hooks me up with a solo gig opening for him at Groove Junction!

I got to debut Gypsy Girl and a few covers including Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah.

Andrew was of course on fire! He continues to amaze me with his awesome ability to generate ideas and convey them in a cynical yet comical sense.

I got an encore and what supposed to be only a 15 mins opening act turned out to be a call back for a proper gig along side a new friend I met, Ida Lisa (a singer/songwriter as well) who happened to have an authentic versatility you don't find in most. Punching, wrenching melancholic and emotional lyrics which were not well accepted but caught my attention.
Malaysian majority need an education on art and poetry. Amongst most I believe it has died.

So, the call back is soon. Hopefully I bring the Gypsy to Life! Good show! So pleased!

Hopefully, my acclaimed manager Jeff did some good and took some pictures for me to post up!


Cheers,

greg

No comments: